[Imports] Importing addresses in New South Wales, Australia

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 11:27:13 UTC 2018

On 4 August 2018 at 21:01, Eliot Blennerhassett <ewblen at gmail.com> wrote:

> One possibility for the example you give above would be to just map
> a single node at "38-44 Pembroke Street"
>
> I wonder if in-person survey would shed any light on how/where to places
> these addresses...

I agree with this, just map the street address (38-44) as a single node and
ignore all the units.

For an apartment block I wouldn't go any further than this.

For townhouses where they there are different buildings for each unit I
wouldn't want them imported if the imported data was all at the same
centroid point, instead they should be left for a survey where you can
assign them to the correct houses.

I think what is valuable in the apartment case is how many units are there
in this building, but not sure if there is an existing tag for that.