[Imports] Importing Kerala, India road network from Facebook's ML generated data

muzirian muzirian at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:30:29 UTC 2018

> That import had been discussed only for Thailand and as clearly

Yes, that is why we had to open discussions again.

The plan for import is also posted on
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/2018_Kerala_Floods,_India

In case of the Facebook Thailand road
> import it should also be noted that the request to present the data to
> be imported in advance which was considered a necessary requirement to
> actually perform an import review was denied by Facebook - meaning they
> essentially weaseled around the import guidelines, making an import
> review request but essentially denying the OSM community the
> possibility to substantially perform the review.  You would be well
> advised not to take Facebook as an example here - they could write off
> loosing all good faith of the OSM community as losses, you probably
> can't

The case here is also different, as they have made the data available for
review already.

Please feel free to review the plan and data.

Kelvin