[Imports] Wisconsin Multi-County Building Footprints

Minh Nguyen minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us
Fri Dec 14 17:14:54 UTC 2018

On 2018-12-14 08:43, Joshua Carlson wrote:
> Thank you, Max. I'll do my best to map useful attributes as they are
> identified. It's early enough in the process that it should be easy enough.
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 10:28 AM Max Erickson
> <maxerickson at gmail.com
> <mailto:maxerickson at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On the wiki you say "Fields will all be dropped from the data."
>
>     Please consider taking your time and mapping as many of the useful
>     attributes over as possible. Just browsing through a few, I see that
>     several of the counties have building height information.

As we prepared for an import in Hamilton County, Ohio [1], we discovered
that the county's "estimated height" field was just the story count
multiplied by 11 feet, and that quite a few story counts came from an
unreliable source (thankfully noted as such). I wouldn't be surprised if
other counties take similar shortcuts, so be sure to spot-check these
values with any buildings you're familiar with.

[1]
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2018-December/005853.html
minh at nguyen.cincinnati.oh.us