[Imports] Bing Building Import

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 3 09:55:08 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 03.07.2018 11:37, Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Without having reliable data on how often these things
> do happen (and how this varies between different geographic settings)
> you would essentially be doing a blind import.

Unless, of course, the data is not simply shoved into OSM state by
state, but split up into user reviewable chunks so that human mappers
can review and upload the import for their region.

Large imports are often detrimental to community building, but if you
resist the temptation of simply having one guy run the import for a
whole state, and instead say "hey, Arizona is mostly done but we're
still looking for someone from counties X, Y, and Z to run the import
there", you *might* even manage to get some people "take ownership" who
otherwise would only have watched from the side.

Bye
Frederik