[Imports] Bing Building Import

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:39:02 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018 at 4:19 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, at 03:55, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> ...Large imports are often detrimental to community building, ...
>
> Can you point to some data / research that backs this up?

Hi Martijn,

I believe this could be what Frederik was referring to:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk/2017-October/079116.html

However, I encourage a close reading of the linked to study because as
I recall it showed an increase in participation for PoI's and other
mapping not related to the object types imported. Which would make
sense, but it has been a while since I read the study closely.

Cheers
blake