[Imports] Bing Building Import

Greg Morgan dr.kludge.gm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 17:34:20 UTC 2018

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 9:54 AM Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2018, Clifford Snow wrote:
> >
> > Christoph,
> > We've heard this argument before that imports [...]
>
> Please stop arguing about the merits of imports in general in this
> thread and thereby sabotaging what this discussion is about, namely
> discussing Greg Morgan's plan to import building footprints.
>

> Any post here that has nothing to do with the matter at hand is
> disrespectful towards Greg,

Here is some sample data near the border
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I7BPMKLgABk8ikUdEPFpl6zKgh9E-sDN .  It is
too big to import.  This is part of understanding how to construct the
import.  The whole directory can be found here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FhQd8fSIbx9OyG6vFAaKkBfYn10Rw0Da

Christoph, Thank you for the other thoughtful questions. That is why I
started the email chain long before the import was ready. I will respond to
those later today.  I take no disrespect from the questions. However, I
think you took exception to the wrong person.  I do not see how Frederick
added useful feedback. I view the other US mapper responses as taking
exception to his response. I am a craft mapper with the realization that I
cannot map it all and cannot develop long term mappers in Arizona because
of the transient population. I see these foot prints as a wonderful way to
add to the map. I also plan to consult the PhxGeo group, if they would like
to have some mapping parties like Clifford pointed out in Washington state.
The reality is that this may be an import for the larger US mappers and not
local mappers. And yes that comes from my local mapping community.

Regards,
Greg