[Imports] Hungarian POI import plans from webpages
kami911 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 07:46:00 UTC 2018
I would like to import a few thousand POI to OSM with a self developed tool
called osm_poi_matchmaker . The tool is available under free license on
Github and I am constantly working on its improvement. It is a python tool
that download data from data sources (shops, post office, fuel stations) ,
converts a data and produces osm and csv files. It does not submit any data
directly to OSM.
I am currently processing the beta quality output data in OSM format. I
will release more import request based on available data. First I started
with Hungarian Tesco stores  and Postal services. I started a
discussion on Hungarian OSMers to try to meet all requirements.
The goals of these imports are:
* Same type of POI should have same tags. I am using common tags that
describe all of POI in that category.
* Add richer tags for POIs
* Provide opening hours when possible, with correct opening_hours format.
* Provide POI custom minisite when available (For example Tesco stores have
small pages for every store).
* Try to enrich already mapped POI-s based on type and geom distance search.
* Create POI nodes that aren't mapped at all.
* Create osm file for review and import.
The base account is what I use for import is: osmkami911 at gmail.com
Since gmail provides may to create simple aliases I will use
osmkami911+hu-tesco at gmail.hu, osmkami911*hu-post at gmail.hu users for it.
I updated the Hungarian Import page with these information .
I hope these import will help to make OSM even better. :)
Thank you in advance!
Üdvözlettel / Best Regards:
Kálmán (KAMI) Szalai
 - https://github.com/KAMI911/osm_poi_matchmaker
 - https://github.com/KAMI911/osm-import-request/tree/master/hu_tesco
 - https://github.com/KAMI911/osm-import-request/tree/master/hu_posta
 - https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Hungary/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports