[Imports] [Imports-us] Durham County, North Carolina Address Import

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 19:16:25 UTC 2018

Importing these addresses may be useful, but the current proposal does
not look ready to go, yet.

There doesn't appear to be any plan to conflate the data with existing
osm objects.  There are many existing buildings and POIs in the data
base and you will need to find some way to add addresses to existing
buildings, merge addresses with existing POI's, and remove duplicate
addresses.

In addition, there are some spatial issues with addresses, especially
multiple addresses in an apartment complex where they are laid out in
grid, rather than at a specific location.

I haven't done a complete examination of the data/plan, but these two
major issues stick out already.

James