[Imports] Durham and Chatham County Address Imports (North Carolina, USA)

James Umbanhowar jumbanho at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 18:39:36 UTC 2018

Sorry, I just saw this.  Please do not upload this, yet.  You have not
responded to any of the feedback that I have given.  Instead you have
chosen to just upload all the points into the database and then correct
the database afterwards.

Please, instead, break this into smaller areas and then conflate the
points with existing objects and then upload. From what I can tell,
this would be easiest done with the Tasking Manager.

Also, I have already signalled my willingness to help with this task
and using the tasking manager would allow me and possibly others to
help.

Thank you,

James

On Thu, 2018-07-19 at 23:42 -0400, Leif Rasmussen wrote:
> Hi everyone!
I have finally verified the license on the Chatham
> County, NC address data which includes about 44,000 address points.
> It is public domain except for that it has a "no direct resale"
> policy that allows indirect resale (includes other data), which is
> compatible with OSM.  Durham County, which uses the ODbL has also
> produced address data.  I will be completing both the imports this
> weekend.  Some discussion has taken place about adding buildings in
> Durham at the same time as the import, but to keep everything more
> simple, I have decided on just adding nodes for now and then merging
> with buildings later.  This would reduce complexity and help
> everything run more smoothly.  I will upload all of the data alone.
> This helps keep everything more simple, leading to fewer mistakes.  I
> do not see very much benefit to having several account all importing
> the data.

Details:
Size of both imports combined: 190,000 addresses
Date of upload: Saterday and Sunday, 21st and 22nd of July, 2018
Type of import:  One time with JOSM in 20 changesets.
Account:  LeifRasmussen_import

Wiki pages:
Durham County
Chatham County

Please let me know of any concerns of ideas!  I would love to improve
the import as much as I can.
Thanks!
Leif Rasmussen