[Imports] Importing tags for buildings

Raymond Nijssen r.nijssen at terglobo.nl
Sat Mar 3 17:13:38 UTC 2018

Hi All! After hurricane Irma The Netherlands Red Cross has organized a
mapathon for mapping all roof shapes and materials on St. Maarten
Island. This resulted in a table including osm_id, roof_shape,
roof_material, centroid_lat, centroid_lon for all buildings.

Like this:

osm_id, roof_type, roof_material (, lat, lon)
--------------------------------
261408697, Unknown, Unknown
27616672, pitch, Metal
158063352, flat, Concrete
158063353, flat, Metal

We'd like to add this data to OSM. I'm looking for a way to do this. It
seems very easy, since the data has already been related to osm building
objects. (We used a tweaked ID-editor for doing the selections fast). So
if a building with osm_id still exists, and does not have a roof:shape
or roof:meterial, we add ours.

I know about the import guidelines and I will put a plan at the wiki.
But for now I'm just looking for a *technical* way to do the job so I
can actually create a plan.

I checked some of the imports descriptions in the wiki but I cannot find
any import similar to this.

Kind regards,
Raymond