[Imports] Worldwide fuel stations import, 59k objects

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 20:55:29 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 8. Mar 2018, at 19:51, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:
>
> I understand your point but i have to strongly disagree here.  IMO the
> English language dominance is one of the biggest structural problems of
> OSM in total and the biggest long term obstacle in becoming what OSM
> aims to be - the best map/geodatabase of the world.  And i completely
> agree this is a very hard problem, maybe even impossible to solve.  But
> that does not mean we should not try.

I agree with this and your ambassador idea surely merits a try. Still it would already be helpful to send an email to the national lists, where an import concerns items in the country, even in English would be much better than nothing (there could be some threshold there, to me 1000 objects would seem a lot, I’d see it more in the 50-100 range).

Cheers,
Martin