[Imports] Worldwide fuel stations import, down to 56k objects

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 12:19:30 UTC 2018

> Regarding opening_hours - a common case for a fuel station is that there
> is a kiosk/shop with daytime opening hours where you also pay the fuel
> but there is also a payment computer that allows you to buy fuel 24/7.
> How do you make sure if you replace opening hours that they refer to
> the same service?

+1, I'd like to second that. For most customers it will be OK to pay their
fuel at a machine, so my stance is that 24/7 is OK for a petrol station
where you can buy fuel 24/7, even if this means you have to fill it in
yourself and you have to pay at a machine (i.e. won't get change, at least
not at the machines around here). Assuming there is a kiosk at a petrol
station is something I was familiar with from Germany too, but in Italy you
can find lots of stations in the city without any additional services or
shops (although there is often a person there during "office hours" where
you can pay, he wouldn't sell you anything else but fuel and maybe oil).

AFAIK we don't even have conventions for tagging of different opening hours
(well, there is "service_times" which offers an established additional
"field" to enter some times that are not opening hours, and we could look
if this could be used)

Cheers,
Martin