[Imports] Worldwide fuel stations import, down to 56k objects

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 23 21:33:22 UTC 2018

For the various OSM communities, the first step to be able to monitor adequately is yes to have changesets by country. And it should be a rule to avoid import or QA changesets that cover the planet.

Pierre

    Le vendredi 23 mars 2018 17 h 19 min 28 s HAE, Peter Barth <osm-peda at won2.de> a écrit :

 Hi,

Ilya Zverev schrieb:
> > Splitting the import into many smaller imports
>
> I am still against that idea, not only because managing it is harder. There are 12 countries that have more than 900 objects changed. That number of separate imports is too much for a single person to manage.
>
> Although I'd be thankful if mappers from France, South Africa, Turkey, Spain, Netherlands and all German-speaking countries posted in their local communities about the import.

I'm not directly commenting on that issue, but I think that the import
itself should be split into several changesets (one per country). If
there are severe data import problems in single countries even after
this review, we can revert single changesets and don't have to cope with
one big import.

That's more of a general note as I've seen big changesets (of low quality)
in the past that get quite complicated to fix and/or revert.

Thanks,
Peda