[Imports] NavAds fuel stations import, take 3

Glen Barnes barnaclebarnes at mac.com
Sun May 6 07:34:49 UTC 2018

IANAL but the Google T&C’s are quite clear:

https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/terms/

(b) No Creating Content From Google Maps Content. Customer will not create content based on Google Maps Content, including tracing, digitizing, or creating other datasets based on Google Maps Content.

Using Street View to check the position of the pin (and potentially move it) is using Google Maps Content to create another dataset. Checking an attribute to NOT import is also using Google Maps Content to create another dataset.

To be 100% safe we should never use *any* Google Maps content in *any* way. I’m pretty pro imports but I’m siding with the DWG on this one, there is just an unacceptable level of risk and even if you think just looking at SV isn’t "creating other datasets based on Google Maps Content” I’m pretty sure this hasn’t been tested in court and nobody wants to find out.

Cheers
Glen