[Imports] North Central Texas Microsoft Building Import

Andrew andrewdmatheny at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:00:59 UTC 2018

Yes. Per the second bullet point in the "Data Processing" section: "Since
no suitable and compatible data source was found to classify buildings by
use, all buildings will simply receive a *building=yes* tag."

However in Step 5.4 of the import instructions users are given the option
to choose a better tag as if they were armchair mapping and hand tracing
each building. For example, houses in residential neighborhoods can be
pretty easily distinguished from aerial imagery or the import user may have
local knowledge of the area which they can leverage. But we've made that
optional because we don't want to give the impression of false precision
when a standard building=yes tag leaves it open for someone to come in
later and update with a better tag based on local surveys, street imagery,
or local knowledge.

-Andrew