[Imports] Proposed import of 4381 huts in Northern Uganda

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Thu Nov 15 13:01:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

As others have said, we can't give advice without seeing the data.

 From your description, it sounds like someone manually traced some
aerial imagery to make some input for a programme, and now you want to
import that data to OSM, right?

In future, why not just trace things in OSM directly? You can extract
your building data from OSM if you want your data back out. The data
will already be in OSM, so it won't need to be "imported". I don't know
what tools you used, but JOSM has powerful building drawing tools (which
can do round objects too). Just an idea for future projects.