[Imports] Bay and Franklin County Building Imports for Hurricane Michael

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Nov 22 00:18:57 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 18, 2018 at 2:22 AM Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/15/18 08:27, Clifford Snow wrote:
>
> I noticed that
>
> https://tasks.openstreetmap.us/project/90
>
> makes occasional reference to "Franklin County" which is likely a
> cut+paste oversight.

Fixed.

> Also, I think it would be good if participants could be encouraged to
> use a proper source tag - neither wiki page nor tasking manager page
> recommend anything but I guess something like "source: Bay County GIS
> department" or whatever would be in order even if they don't legally
> require it. (I stumbled across this when one participant used "source:
> OpenStreetMap Carto (Standard)" which is definitely wrong. Some
> changesets also had
> "source:tms[22]
> https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/glassman/cjn2qnw2p6s0l2rpcypiuzyis/tiles/256/{z}/{x}/{y}@2x?access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoiZ2xhc3NtYW4iLCJhIjoiRjk3dWdwYyJ9.Tg_fMJWxygeKBgVTrZHmGA
> "
> which isn't very helpful either)

I haven't done this with my imports but a link to the wiki page would seem
appropriate for future imports. The wiki page should provide all of the
pertinent detail including source, tags, dates, etc. The Tasking Manager I
believe allows adding the link.  TM does add a link to the imagery which in
this case isn't all that helpful since the imagery is roads and this is a
building/address import. It does help fix problems, for example OSM has the
wrong road name.

> This import, like many other US imports, has a note on the wiki page
> that says: "Use Slack for questions and to help others during the
> import." -- Is it worth considering to, after an import is completed,
> copy the relevant slack discussion onto the wiki page for archiving?
>
> There wasn't any real discussion on Slack. Basically Slack was used for
asking for volunteers. But I'll see if there is anything worth capturing.
Slack is like IRC, most conversations are not part of a thread which makes
going back difficult that why I prefer to use a mailing list.

Best,
Clifford
--
@osm_seattle