[Imports] Powerstations import in Prague

r00t r00t at r00t.cz
Fri Nov 30 23:34:41 UTC 2018

Hello Imports list,

I would like to import dataset of power stations in the Prague.
Here is the wiki page for it, describing all the required details:
 https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IPRPraha_Powerstations_Import

To summarize, a few key points:
- It's total 4841 power stations, all 22kV, various types.
- This will be fully manual import, where I check every location in JOSM,
  add new building when needed or add data to the existing one.
- Dataset comes from IPR Praha, released under public domain. Plus we have
  a explicit permission to use any IPR Praha data in OSM under ODbL.
- Import was extensively discussed and agreed to on the Czech OSM mailing list.

As such it's probably quite minor import, both by the scope and also by the
affected tags (most aren't even rendered in mapnik, except when new building
is added). I don't expect any issues, as all edits will be manual and done just
by me, from my account.

Thanks,
r00tcz