[Imports] [talk-au] Public Barbeques in the ACT

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 03:44:25 UTC 2018

Hi Riley,

If you've checked a few and the quality looks good, then I think
that's fine, and I'm okay these being imported.

However I think the import should:

1. Only import STATUS=YES, unless we know what STATUS=NO or STATUS=null means.
2. Leave out the refs/ids unless these are surveyable.
3. Convert the BBQ_TYPE_CODE to fuel=electric|gas|wood
4. Ensure you don't add duplicates (so don't import over the top of
existing mapped bbqs)

So the features are only tagged with:
amenity=bbq
fuel=*

I don't mind either way if the source tag is used on the object or on
the changeset.

What tools/process were you going to use to get the file in shape? The
way I'd do it is download the GeoJSON file at
http://actmapi-actgov.opendata.arcgis.com/datasets/cce3d3c3ed9d4a5d894c26a3cf7f8757_0.geojson
then just open it in JOSM with the GeoJSON plugin, and do the mass tag
filtering/cleanup in JOSM with the search tool, then I'd use the
Conflate plugin to merge with what's existing, probably keeping the
original geometries.

How do you plan to do this?