[Imports] Import of Flemish Government data (building footprints and addresses)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 14:03:56 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

On 29. Oct 2018, at 11:34, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:

>> More often than not, importers keep an external ID because they think
>> "it might be useful later".
>
> Again, please provide evidence to support this assertion.

we already have lots and lots of foreign ids in the current data base. Is there any case where having these ids has made an update possible or significantly easier with these?

I can confirm that for my mapping, having external ids is making editing significantly more complex, and often I don’t know how to deal with these when I do operations like merging or splitting or even just correcting a brand or operator tag.

Cheers, Martin