[Imports] Racine County Buildings and Addresses

Joshua Carlson jdcarls2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 17:49:31 UTC 2018

Hello once again,

I'm happy to note that we now have specific clarification from the State,
and we're good to go on the parcel dataset, as it is Public Domain.

Additionally, it was confirmed that the GIS data hosted at the WI State
Cartographer website is Public Domain as well. This includes building
footprint information for 39 of the 72 counties in Wisconsin! But not
Racine, which is what prompted this whole thing in the first place.

The wiki page (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Racine_County_Buildings_and_Address_Import)
is up-to-date with the details, and a US Tasking Manager project is being
drafted, so we're nearing the next phase.

If all goes well, I may use this as a template to add buildings and
addresses for the other 32 counties that do not collect building footprints
on their own. The other 39 which *do *provide footprint data may make a
good, straightforward import, but that will be down the road.

As for this import, I'm still looking for a bit of community feedback. I
know the workflow seems painfully tedious and manual, but are there any
concerns about this prior to actually starting the import?

Thanks much,
Josh Carlson