[Imports] Miami Address Import
354lbr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 19:47:22 UTC 2018
Me and some other contributos from the talk-us mailing list are planning an
import of every address point in Miami-Dade County, Florida. The import
will involve addresses from
They have already been converted to OSM XML format, and all duplicates of
existing addresses in the OSM database have been removed, leaving only
missing addresses in the dataset. The processed data is available at
import will be completed with the OSM US Tasking manager in the next couple
months. As of now, no addresses have been imported.
The important stuff:
* The import will add about 500,000 addresses in Miami-Dade County, Florida
over the course of several months.
* The addresses do not include any units. A seperate file is available on
the GIS site with the addresses that include units, but it is 1.5 million
points (3 times as many). The gain from having "addr:unit" addresses is
not as high as the cost of having to add, maintain, and deal with them.
* The addresses don't have suffixes. Main Street East would have
"addr:street"="Main Street". This resulted from a transformation error,
and will most likely be fixed before uploading.
* The addresses have 5 digit postcodes, without 4 digit extensions. The
extensions are currently stored in a separate tag that can be used or
deleted later. If there is a good way to add the extension, it will be
* The addresses are in the public domain. Licensing will not be an issue.
* No buildings, POIs, or other features will be imported - just address
* The import will use an OSMUS Tasking Manager project to organize
uploading. The link to it project is located below.
* Conflation will not be a major issue. Since all duplicates of existing
addresses have been removed from the dataset, it is technically possible to
just import the addresses without any manual checks. This would result in
all missing addresses being neatly added around the existing ones.
* Addresses will be given the tags "addr:housenumber", "addr:street",
"addr:postcode", "addr:city", and "addr:state". Source tags are
unnecessary, but if people want them, they can be added.
Original address source:
Processed data for uploading:
Import wiki page:
Tasking manager project: https://tasks.openstreetmap.us/project/72
Please let me know if you have any concerns, suggestions, or things you
would like to see in this import. I would love feedback on anything at
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports