[Imports] imports guide available?

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Sep 19 16:37:18 UTC 2018

If you haven't consulted with the Import Guidelines [1] on the wiki, it
would be a good place to start.

As far as deleting imported building - ideally you would determine which
building had the better geometry and only import a new building if the
geometry is better. And always merge the two objects to keep the history
intact. JOSM has a Replace Geometry tool that works well to merge the new
with the old. If the original object has different tags it prompts for the
selection of the correct value.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

Best,
Clifford

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 8:12 AM Thomas Gertin <tgertin at vt.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there an imports guide available?
>
> - I would be interested in one, specifically for buildings
>
> - especially one that includes a step in the import process where you can
> automatically delete imported buildings that overlap with existing ones in
> OSM. (As the 1st step in the validation/conflation process)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom G.

@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us