[Imports] Import of Community Water Wells/Boreholes in Harare Zimbabwe

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri Apr 5 09:05:10 UTC 2019

Hi Jason,

I read over your wiki page. Can you please link to the data you want to
import? Can you please provide evidence of that it's in the public
domain? I presume you have something in writing from MSF, just
link/include/upload that.

Can you provide links to your discussion with the appropriate local
community

You say "Water point data will be maintained and updated with the help
of the OSM community in Zimbabwe and the MSF team. " Can you tell us
more about that? What have you planned? Who has committed to look after
this? What sort, and how much, resources will MSF provide?

There are some `amenity=drinking_water` tagged around Harare. How
different is that from what you'd like to upload? Would it be worth
"conflating" in that too?

I suggest adding `import=yes` to the changeset tags.

All the best,