[Imports] Import Rotterdam 3D

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 1 07:41:03 UTC 2019

Hi,

On 01.08.19 05:38, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> What ever you do, coordinate with the Dutch community. We maintain the
> building footprints with BAG data, your import needs to work well with that.

Also, note that OSM does not have a full-blown 3D data model, in fact we
have relatively little interest in high-detail 3D stuff - if anything,
we're mostly content with mapping how high something is and what kind of
roof it has.

You might want to have a look at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/3D_Model_Repository which is a
sister project that aims to record detailed 3D shapes and link them to OSM.

Bye
Frederik