[Imports] Preliminary Import/Organized Mapping Effort Idea

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Dec 20 20:08:12 UTC 2019

I do have Washington State tribal lands available [1]  as a background
layer for JOSM. There is also a vector tile layer [2] of the same
background available for iD users.

The data contains the name in english and the land type of Disputed Area,
Off-Reservation Trust Land, Reservation, and Tribal Headquarters. Only 4
disputed areas but 60 Off-Reservation areas. Some people include
Off-Reservation in tribal lands while others do not. My sense is that they
should be tagged as boundary=aboriginal_lands. I'd like to hear the opinion
of the group.

[1]
https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/glassman/cjtdkbw7p07vk1fnub70hf9uf/tiles/256/{z}/{x}/{y}@2x?access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoiZ2xhc3NtYW4iLCJhIjoiRjk3dWdwYyJ9.Tg_fMJWxygeKBgVTrZHmGA
[2]