[Imports] Suggestion: Recruit Mappers instead? Re: Preliminary Import/Organized Mapping Effort Idea

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Sun Dec 22 16:43:30 UTC 2019

I'm not suggesting "Wait for perfection", I'm suggesting "wait for locals", which is an important part of OSM. 🙂 We should also remember the history of nonlocals doing things in this topic. 😔

If I wanted perfect/very good data, then experienced OSM mappers are best. 🙂 They know exactly what to do, and could do it in a fraction of the time. I'm suggesting new users do this, and new users make beginner mistakes! I'm actually suggesting "wait for worse data"! 🙂😉

In some places, admin boundaries are boring, in others not. Ireland's multi year townland mapping project had a historical & heritage goal. Maybe that's relevant here.