[Imports] Should this 4-year-old import be deleted? (Ulster County, NY)

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Wed Jan 23 23:50:33 UTC 2019

On 1/23/2019 5:56 PM, Kevin Kenny wrote:

> The import has been significantly edited in some of the villages -
> check out the area near
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/304810649#map=19/42.08528/-74.31553
> for instance. Please do check that mappers haven't repaired it before
> doing any sort of mechanical deletion. Aside from the places where
> it's been improved, it doesn't appear to be adding very much value.

Yeah I've been working on these squares around Phoenicia and in spots
along the NY28 corridor. Truth is I've been happy to have them because
visually they're a handy "to-do" list, though I prefer to confirm the
structure in person before updating the squares into shapes that match
the aerial imagery.

The good news is that they almost all do correspond to real structures.
But there's no arguing that they're a little ugly and it's unfortunate
that none of them have address tags.

If better data is available for import I'm all for it. I'll happily help
with any sort of deduplication task if it comes to that.

If righteous fervor demands that everything still at version 1 gets
deleted -- I can live with that too.

Jason