[Imports] Importing NaPTAN Data

Silent Spike silentspike100 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 07:10:14 UTC 2019

I've started a discuss on this with the GB mailing list already, but the
wiki suggests discussing here also.

I'd like to import NaPTAN data (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/NaPTAN/Import) of the following scope:

   1. Import data specifically for the Aberdeen admin area (ATCO code 639)
   2. Import stops of type BCT ("On-street Bus / Coach / Trolley Stop.")
   3. Import BCT stops of type MKD ("Marked (pole, shelter etc)")
   4. Manually conflate and review the data before upload using JOSM
   5. Split the edits up according to the "LocalityName" data field
   (basically districts)  [or is it better to be one changeset for the whole
   area?]

Using the following established tags:

   - `highway=bus_stop`
      - `public_transport=platform`
      - `bus=yes`
      - `name=*` [Imported]
      - `naptan:AtcoCode=*` [Imported]
      - `naptan:NaptanCode=*` [Imported]
      - `source=naptan`
      - `naptan:verified=no`

Here's how a subset of that data looks in JOSM (
https://i.imgur.com/xE7TF2c.png) where blue are imported stops and black
already exist in OSM (mapped by me). Any thoughts, input or advice is
appreciated!

Also, is it still standard practise for imports to be done on a unique
account (as the wiki suggests)?

Cheers