[Imports] Open Government Data- India Health Facilities Import (Aruna Valli)

OSM OSM at rmsi.com
Thu Jul 11 09:49:54 UTC 2019

Hi Frederik,

Thank you for your valuable response.  Am writing from the official mail ID.

Here is the Clarification on the Local Knowledge: We have planned to create the Maproulette challenge for the non coordinated government data with respect to the regions and for taking this challenge to repositioning the coordinates needs the “Local Knowledge”.
These are the region wise sample MR challenges for the Hospital directory.
https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8023
https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8020
https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges/8000

For the First: The attributes which we can see in the wiki with uppercases are the unchanged Government attributes.
By the way while tagging these attributes, we have used the lower case letters which is also updated the in tagging plans.

For the second: As per your suggestion we updated the wiki page with the detail explanation of data transformation of the data for both the health related tags and general tags.

For the Third: Thanks for your suggestion we will add import to changesets instead of “import=yes” in elements and Of course, we will make sure to include readable description in changesets comment, then have hash tag as additional information to assist tracking all submitted changesets. It will be something like this “Import of health facilities in India, see https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/India_Health_Facilities_Import #OpenGovernmentData”.

For the Fourth: Indian government has shared its license about the  “Permissible use of data” stating that this data can be used globally or adapt or publish or translate or add value for all lawful commercial and non-commercial purposes etc...  Here is the link for the license which is already shared in the OSM wiki page: https://data.gov.in/government-open-data-license-india.

For the Fifth:
While working on the import, we first will apply JOSM for validation to ensure errors are all cleared. After the import, we will come back and check all changesets we submitted to guarantee the data satisfy OSM standard. And this is also why it's important for us to include hash tag in changesets comment to allow the QA process to be easier.

Thanks
Aruna Valli