[Imports] Should this 4-year-old import be deleted? (Ulster County, NY)

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:06:12 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 7:19 PM Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> I have now undeleted those buildings in this changeset:

> Let me know if you should find anything else!

The areas where I noticed that my work had been replaced by orphan
nodes appear to have come back, thanks!

I'm rather surprised at the extent of the change. I thought that the
scope had been limited to Ulster County, but I've noticed
modifications in the latest changeset as far west as Monroe County. I
see that your original script, in addition to the Ulster County
import, had reverted material from
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25837438 . If that was also
problem data, I guess I'm all right with that, but I don't recall its
having been discussed. With the subject line's having mentioned only
Ulster County, I had no idea that I should be looking that far afield!

I do concede that the importer of the Penfield data followed the poor
practice of not tagging the import separately, and including data
unrelated to the building footprints, making the changeset tricky to
tear apart.

Thanks for the hard work, and sorry that I didn't notice until now
that the Town of Penfield was included. (It's not a place that I often
visit. Ulster County is.)