[Imports] Bus stop import in Raleigh area of North Carolina, USA

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 15:33:00 UTC 2019

The map matching is an interesting idea: I think OSRM can return a list
of OSM node_id's from a matched route and it should be able to handle
one-ways fairly well, giving you the 2+ distinct directions for PTV2
tagging. You would just have to work backwards from the node_id's up to
the way_id's to build a relation of ways. The big obstacle I see to this
is that often highway ways need to be split strategically where routes
turn, end etc.

Still, just building relations from whole ways could be a good starting
point for a big network import. Adding ordered stops to the route
relations would be easy conceptually, but any splitting of the ways
would need to be done manually.

Cheers,

Nate Wessel
Jack of all trades, Master of Geography, PhD candidate in Urban Planning
NateWessel.com <http://natewessel.com>