[Imports] Manually map it? | Re: Hotels - Matera, Italy

Rory McCann rory at technomancy.org
Fri May 17 07:50:28 UTC 2019

35 points? Why not just do it manually? Get an experienced,
knowledgeable mapper to open up the csv/shape/whatever file in JOSM and
manually copy/paste/update OSM data? I don't think you need to consider
this an import, *if* there is a skilled mapper looking at each object
and looking at existing OSM data and using their brains to figure out
what's the OSM map should be like.

If you want to import other things later (B&Bs, chalets = ~700 points).
you'll need separate wiki pages/discussions. Maybe you should bundle
them all together into one?

If you're going to do an import, you need to look at existing OSM data.
How will you conflate OSM data with this data?

Minor thoughts: I suggest `import=yes` as a changeset tag (if you're
going to actually import things). Can you link to the mailing list
post(s) which discuss this, rather than the "talk-it" page. I'm not sure
what the data source is, is it the xls file?

Rory