[Imports] Edmonds Washington Building and Address Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Oct 7 20:52:38 UTC 2019

This is to announce our plans to import Edmonds, WA buildings and addresses
into OSM.

Import Plan: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Edmonds_WA_Import

This plan was announced on the US Slack community last week.

Major points.
The data is from the City of Edmonds which obtained it from Snohomish
County (Edmonds is a city within the county) and is in the public domain
with no restrictions on its use.

The merging of the addresses nodes with building polygons are similar to
other imports done in the Greater Seattle area.

We will be seeking local volunteers to actually import the new data.

Existing buildings will be reviewed to determine which has the better
geometry to use.

I look forward to your comments

Best,
Clifford