[Imports] Oahu, Hawaii CDP boundaries

Max Erickson maxerickson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 13:49:47 UTC 2019

wrote:
>Honolulu County = admin boundary level 6

This makes sense.

>Waianae (all of zip code 96792) = admin boundary 8

This doesn't sound like an administrative division though.

>Makaha+Makaha Valley CDPs = place=neighborhood boundary, perhaps with or
without a level 10 admin boundary.

These also don't sound like they have an administrative function.

It's convenient to "reuse" widely supported tagging like
boundary=administrative and admin_level, but it creates the problem of less
support for more sensible tagging. There's also the temptation to stretch
definitions as far as possible when a tag is well supported, but this has
the same problems, diluting the meaning of tags used in OSM and not
advertising the different type of feature to users of the data (because
it's not tagged accurately).

Max