[Imports] UN Mappers import of UNSOS waterways in Somalia

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:42:51 UTC 2020

Hi, Christoph:

Thanks to your questions, I've consulted the info about the original
tags, and I've found some info that can improve the data to submit for
import to the users.

ACC takes only 2 different values: "1" means accurate and "2" means
approximate. But almost all of the 44,360 ways take the value "1", and
only 45 take the value "2". So I guess we can safely ignore it. Not
ignoring it would mean adding a fixme="please, check geometry accuracy"
tag to those 45 ways. Easy to do, but I don't know if it is worth. I've
checked all of them, by the way, and the majority will be simply ignored
(deleted) during the import process.

ACE_EVAL has the value 21 for all ways. It's meaning is "FZD: Evaluation
deferred", so we ignore it.

ALE_EVAL values don't give any info at all. Ignored.

F_CODE and FCSubtype are equivalent. The values are:

F_CODE;FCSubtype;Meaning;Number of ways
BH020;0;Ditch;1
BH030;1;Canal;2,307
BH140;2;River;42,052

I've checked many objects with FCSubtype="1", and they appear to me to
be more ditches than canals in the majority, so I would rather tag all
"0" and "1" occurrences of FCSubtype with waterway=ditch, asking the
users (as with all waterways) to decide if that tag is correct for each
waterway in the workflow wiki.

As for the rest of the ways (42,052), they will be tagged as river or
stream by default according to the tag HYP as already told in the wiki,
and with users deciding if changing its value or not during the import.

FUN has only one way with value "Fully functional", so we ignore it.

HYP has, as already said, 3 values:

1 = Perennial (267 ways)
2 = Intermittent (3,294 ways)
4 = Dry (40,799 ways)

This will be difficult to translate to OSM tags. If any, I would put
intermittent=no for the HYP="1" ways, and intermittent=yes for the rest.
And then users deciding. Any thoughts on this?

LOC has only one way with the value "44: On surface", so we ignore it.

NVS has only one way with the value "0: Unknown", so we ignore it.

SRC_NAME has 3 values:

"0", meaning "Source is not known". 139 ways have this tag.
"110", meaning "Very High Resolution Commercial Monoscopic Imagery".
9,321 ways with this tag.
"112", meaning "High Resolution Commercial Monoscopic Imagery". 34,900
ways with this tag.

I've checked the 139 ways. They are most of them very short segments,
that don't present any problem, and can be checked against imagery. So I
would rather ignore the SRC_NAME tag.

UPD_NAME has 2 values:

"0", meaning "Source is not known". 139 ways have this tag.
"998", meaning "There is no possible value in the attriubte range that
would be applicable. (May occur when the attribute is not applicable to
the feature type (for example: the Airfield Type attribute of a
Settlement feature type).)". All the rest of ways (44,221) have this
tag. I would therefore ignore this tag.

ZVAL_TYPE: All ways have 2 values: 139 ways have the value "0" =
Unknown, and the rest (44,221) have the value "3" = Feature is 2D only.
So it gives us no interesting information, and therefore we can safely
ignore it.

Cheers, and thank you very much again for your feedback,

Rafael.

O 07/04/20 ás 17:45, Christoph Hormann escribiu: