[Imports] UN Mappers import of UNSOS waterways in Somalia

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 8 20:50:14 UTC 2020

It could also be intermittent=yes.
I am quite satisfied with this import project and the wiki.  It confirms were the waterways are fTooding. And it is easy with josm to realign if necessary.
And I dont buy the interpretation that these intermittent waterways should not be traced because of climate change. We could argument that climate change exacerbates succession dry periods and violent floodings. And we did observe that everywhere in the recent years. These waterways are an important characteristic to add to the map. Populated places are often at proximity and these waterways are both used for communications in dry periods and for their water ressource. This is also an important information to anticipate where major floodings will have an impact.

Pierre