[Imports] Populated Places in Peru Mapping using data from previous import

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Tue Apr 28 16:42:41 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 28 April 2020, Geoffrey Kateregga wrote:

> The data(attached) was generated from OpenStreetMap using schools
> data from a previous import[2] in 2017
> <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Organised_Editing/Activities/Pop
>ulated_Places_in_Peru_Mapping> We have set up the first project[3] for
> the Cusco region after which more projects will be set up for the
> other regions.

I am not quite sure what this has to do with the imports mailing list.
The Organised Editing Guidelines call for discussing your plans on the
regional mailing list (which you should do - i did not see anything in
that direction on talk-pe).  If there is an import involved that should
also be discussed here but from a quick scan over that page i did not
see any link to or information about external data other than imagery.
If what you are planning contains mechanical editing of previously
imported data - the sentence:

"The data was generated from addresses of existing schools data in Peru
that was imported into OSM in 2017."

indicates as much - that would need to be discussed under the Automated
Edits code of conduct, and this would be the right place for that given
it concerns previously imported data.  But for that you would need to
show the processed data or the processing algorithm for evaluation -
preferably both.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/