[Imports] City of Flagstaff Buildings Import

Deane Kensok dkensok at esri.com
Wed Feb 26 16:08:48 UTC 2020

Hi Rory,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, I will update the wiki to include a link to the data we intend to import.  We got a fresh update of the data from the City before it was publicly shared so I couldn't link to the source originally.  I'll create links to the data that we have processed before we proceed with any import.

We did an initial review of the data and it does look good.  It compares favorably to what is currently in OSM.  We will be able to provide stats on the number of features that overlap existing buildings (or other relevant features) in OSM and be excluded from the import.  Yes, we are aware that buildings can overlap some types of features in OSM (e.g. landuse areas) and will not exclude those.

We are preparing the data in our GIS tools (e.g. ArcGIS Pro).  We intend to import the data using ArcGIS Editor for OSM.  I'll add links to those in the wiki.  We have a process where we flag (and exclude from import) any features that conflict with relevant OSM data based on analysis done shortly before the import.  During the import process, the import user does a second manual review of features for a selected area (e.g. block group) to compare against live features in OSM, and flags any additional features to be excluded before import.  We then verify the results of the import in the live OSM data before proceeding to the next area.

Yes, I will update the wiki with the license info.

Best Regards,
Deane