[Imports] [Imports-us] Colorado Address Imports

Mike Thompson miketho16 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 00:11:52 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 10:44 AM <smocktaylor at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a two-phase import project.
>
> I'm going to be updating addresses in Mesa County, Colorado with their
> E911 Address Point data (see https://emap.mesacounty.us/DownloadData/ ,
> updated January 22, 2020) and eventually importing the state address
> database (
>
> https://data.colorado.gov/State/Statewide-Aggregate-Addresses-in-Colorado-2019-Pub/n7je-akky
> , updated May 29, 2019).
>
> I've previously gotten permission to use the former, and the latter is
> Public Domain (I did confirm that it was in the copyright public domain
> with the state). The former dataset is a subset of the latter dataset.
>

> I am working on writing up a proposed import of Colorado State parks.  I
would be interested in hearing about your experience confirming with the
state of Colorado that their data is in the public domain.  I am in contact
with someone from Colorado Parks and Wildlife (the data owner) and their
response so far (it has only been a week), has been that the data is
"publicly available" (which I don't think is the same thing as public
domain), and they are inquiring with the AG.

Mike