[Imports] Montreal Bike Lanes Import

Matthieu Guyonnet-Duluc matthieugd at me.com
Sat Jul 4 19:23:26 UTC 2020

Hello,

The City of Montreal (Quebec, Canada) is expanding rapidly the bike lanes network and has an open data website where this network is available as GeoJSON and KML files (https://donnees.montreal.ca/ville-de-montreal/pistes-cyclables <https://donnees.montreal.ca/ville-de-montreal/pistes-cyclables>).

I have started a page for this project here https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Project_:_Montreal_Bike_Lanes_Network <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_Project_:_Montreal_Bike_Lanes_Network>

In the past, I have done some small and manual edits in OSM with JOSM but I’m not familiar with geospatial tools and data. As I described in the project wiki page I see 2 paths :

GeoJON => OSM XML => Import
Or import KML file with JOSM and the plugin open data.

In both cases the conflation would be the biggest challenge and I don’t have any idea how to handle this.

In general I think it would a good investment since when the city will update the files, those updates will be easier to handle (hopefully).

Any help would be appreciated,

Matthieu