[Imports] Import of Orange County, California Buildings and Addresses

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Jul 29 02:45:58 UTC 2020

Tod,
You might want to look into Paul Norman's ogr2osm.py [1] python tool which
can translate shapefiles into .osm files that can be uploaded using JOSM.
It's simple to use, just need to create a translation file for shapefile
fields to OSM tag.

I'm in the process of doing an import of building and addresses for
Marysville, WA. Way smaller than you import. The import page is
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Marysville_Import which has links to my
code including the ogr2osm.py translation scripts.

Feel free to contact me offline if you have any questions.

Best,
Clifford

[1] https://github.com/pnorman/ogr2osm

On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 3:06 PM Tod Fitch <tod at fitchfamily.org> wrote:

> I'm planning an import of buildings and addresses for Orange County,
> California. Information on the proposed import can be found on the wiki at
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Orange_County_Building_and_Address_Import
>
> This is a one time import using JOSM.
>
> A links to the data being imported given on the wiki and the data is
> marked as public domain.
>
> Note: There is an effort by ERSI to make this same dataset available to
> mappers working with the RapiD data via MapWithAI. For a description of
> that, see
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Orange_County,_California_Buildings
>
> This is my first attempt at an import so gentle guidance on following best
> procedures will be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Tod

@osm_washington