[Imports] Importing population, cities and villages data of saudi arabia

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Mon Nov 30 03:23:06 UTC 2020

Abdullah,
Please review the Import Guidelines [1] to help you attain your goal. The
process is pretty simple. Just verify that the data can be imported into
OSM with no licensing restrictions, that it is suitable for import into OSM
and how you plan to do the import. The first requirement is to ensure that
the source license doesn't preclude importing into OSM. I've run across
sources that look good on the surface but hidden in the fine print are
obstacles to importing. The data you describe seems very suitable for
import. The last piece, how you are going to import the data is for you to
describe your process. For example how you are going to deal with existing
data or how is the source data converted into data that has appropriate OSM
tags. It also includes what user names will be used for import. Note, a
unique user name is required for imports.

This sounds like a lot of work but going through the process will actually
help you with the import.

Let us know if you have any questions or need help.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines

Clifford

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 7:01 AM Abdullah Al-twairesh <aat765 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi
> me and another member of Saudi OSM telegram group want to Import and
> update population, cities name and villages name data of saudi arabia from
> open data government site from here:
> https://data.gov.sa/ <https://data.gov.sa/ar/home>
> and
> https://www.stats.gov.sa/ar/13