[Imports] SNAP Retailer Locator

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Oct 24 10:06:26 UTC 2020

Yury,

On 10/24/20 05:13, Yury Yatsynovich wrote:
> Any thoughts on the possibility of importing these data into OSM?

My thought is that you concern yourself too much with data imports.

Imports are at best a two-sided sword; every import may bring something
interesting, but it is also a wound in the fabric of OpenStreetMap that
takes time to heal.

If everyone who does an import would at least attempt to match the
number of objects they import with proper, "hand-surveyed" edits, OSM
would be a healthier place.

Try to keep that in mind when scouring the web for import candidates.

I notice that you've asked for feedback on a Fremont, CA data import 5
days ago but had already started the import even before asking:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/92655751 - please do take the
consultation process more seriously. You should allow at least two weeks
for discussions, not minus 0.1. If that import is finished, please
complete its documentation (including cock-ups like the "DONE" tag so
others can avoid making the same mistakes in the future) and allow us
time to review what you've done.

Bye
Frederik