[Imports] Galician parishes

Miguel Branco mgl.branco at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 13:27:28 UTC 2021

Hi all,

In Galicia (Spain) we still have pending to map "parroquias", or civil
parishes. They're an administrative division recognized as a territorial
entity lower than municipalities.

IET, Xunta de Galicia (Galician government) gave us permission to use their
data (I had commented that here before) (1). So, I edited parishes and
stored them in osm files using that official data source. I've written a
project to merge them into OSM:

* https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IET_Import_-_Parishes

I've talked about this in the Galician telegram group and talk-es mailing
list (1).
Do you think the project is ready to start? Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks, Miguel

------
(1) IET Import project: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IET_Import
(2) Talk-es: