[Imports] Proposal for importing building footprints for Onondaga County, NY

Jack Arnold jarnold at mailbox.org
Sat Feb 6 22:09:02 UTC 2021

A lifecycle prefix like defined here?:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Lifecycle_prefix

I just used the following overpass query to check:

(
way[~"(proposed|planned|construction|disused|abandoned|demolished|remov
d|razed|was):"~".*"]({{bbox}});
node[~"(proposed|planned|construction|disused|abandoned|demolished|remo
ed|razed|was):"~".*"]({{bbox}});
relation[~"(proposed|planned|construction|disused|abandoned|demolished|
emoved|razed|was):"~".*"]({{bbox}});
)
;out body;>;out skel qt;

No lifecycle prefixes were found within this sample area, except one
way for a historical canal that was once in the area. What would be the
point of checking for lifecycle prefixes?

I'm glad to see that this data is shaping up to be useful! My
understanding from the import guidelines wiki page is that I need local
buy-in for the import. How should I proceed if few others approve or
raise issues?

Thanks,
Jack