[Imports] [Talk-us-newyork] [Imports-us] Update: New York State GIS SAM Address Points Import

Skyler Hawthorne osm at dead10ck.com
Wed Feb 10 19:21:30 UTC 2021

I guess it's up to us all whether we think the checks are providing more benefit than unhelpful noise. I could certainly do case-insensitive matching very easily. In the case of apostrophes, I could do something a little more complicated, and just download all nearby highways, then do some more complicated matching locally, like stripping apostrophes plus case-insensitive matching. I don't imagine the latter would take me a whole lot of effort, so it's an option.

How many of these cases are you seeing, and are you finding many of these street conflicts that are actually helpful?

--
Skyler