[Imports] Import of post offices in Serbia

Komadinovic Vanja vanjakom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 10:31:25 UTC 2021

Hi,

We ( Serbian OSM community ) are working on importing post offices in
OSM. We gained permission to use data from the national post service
company ( JP Pošta Srbije ) and prepared data in a way suitable for
OSM. We plan to add / update ~1500 post offices. Currently in OSM
there are around 500 post offices with limited metadata. We will be
using Tasking Manager of Croatian OSM community ( thanks! ) for
synchronization. Data  will be manually verified and conflated before
uploading to OSM. Project is announced on talk-rs [1] and discussed on
forum [2] and Telegram [3]. Project page with all necessary
information is on wiki [4]. All discussions are in serbian language,
if any help is needed with translation I'm more than happy to help.
Any feedback is valuable and appreciated.

Best,
Vanja

[1] https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-rs/2021-July/000431.html
[2] https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=72127