[Imports] Proposal for importing governorates admin boundaries in Saudi Arabia
aat765 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 18:14:51 UTC 2021
Hi everyone, we have finished the uploading process for this Import and we want you to review this work to make sure everything is OK:
thank you and take my best Regards
From: Mouath Ibrahim via Imports <imports at openstreetmap.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 27, 2021 4:25 PM
To: imports at openstreetmap.org <imports at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: [Imports] Proposal for importing governorates admin boundaries in Saudi Arabia
We are planning update the administrative boundaries for the
governorates in Saudi Arabia.
We found official (Open Data) provided by The Saudi Ministry of Health
that contains detailed and accurate coordinates of the boundaries.
The data also includes Regions (Provinces) borders.
This data can be obtained from these sources:
We have discussed this data and potential import within our official
Saudi local community on Telegram Group:
And added these datasets as potential source in the wiki:
We outlined the steps to be taken if you give us the approval here:
- Export the data from ArcGIS REST server(linked above) via QGIS.
- Convert the file from GeoJson to OSM file type. (linked below)
- Clean the data.
- Split the ways of borders and get it ready to be on relation.
- Get the old Regions boundary data via JOSM > overpass api.
- Delete the old relations and get the now data. (or merge them)
- Upload the new data
- We will create wiki page that explain all these steps in detail.
- The users who will work on this import are (dedicated account
will be used in the actual final import):
I have linked raw data (not final) to be considered for review:
Imports mailing list
Imports at openstreetmap.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports