[Imports] [Talk-us-newyork] [Imports-us] NYS GIS SAM Address Point Import - Status Update

Jack Arnold jarnold at mailbox.org
Fri May 28 18:00:53 UTC 2021

Hello again,

I looked over Hamilton County around Lake Pleasant. Looking great as
usual! The data over there seems simple with few apartment compelexes
or other edge cases.

My understanding of the conflation is a little bit rusty, but I found
these nodes that don't seem to be correct in Watkins Glen (Schuyler
county):

Original:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7685157126
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759324317
>From import, but housenumber is different:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759324646

The first two nodes look like they should be conflated, as the data is
identical. The third one makes sense, the addr:housenumber tag is
technically different. There are more of these in the same area I
didn't list.

Similarly, there are a few buildings in Montour Falls (Schuyler county)
where the original contributor only put partial data:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3810205975
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/823147605

More scattered around the block:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3810205974
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/823147893

In Penn Yan (Yates county), more I didn't list:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8766705037
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/823227024

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8766705496
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/823227003

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8766705350
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8766705421
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/823235994

Also, I found what appears to be a building with many units not
conflated. Would this be correct behavior if they are seperate physical
buildings? If there was a large building under all of them, would it
conflate? Montour Falls (Schuyler county):

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759325174
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759325761
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759324918
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759324798

As a side note, this holds the record for worst (but correct?)
rendering node I've ever seen:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8759326333

I know I raise more issues than solutions, but I hope they are helpful.
I'd be willing to manually edit some of these if needed. Excellent work
as always, and I can't wait to see the whole state imported.

Jack